- June 22, 2018, San Francisco, the ABA Section of Litigation’s Class Action and Derivative Suits Committee (CADS) will co-sponsor a regional class action program that I have been pleased to help create and plan for the past four years;
- October 18-19, 2018, Chicago: join us in Chicago for the ABA National Annual Institute on Class Actions. We have lot’s to discuss this year! I will again teach Class Action 101 and moderate a panel on a topic of interest. Our planning committee is meeting in a few weeks in Cleveland; please forward any ideas you have of topics you would like to see addressed. Current possible topics include:
- Ninth Circuit Hyundai and Kia opinion re. certification of nationwide class action settlement of state law claims;
- Continued/growing importance of ESI management in class actions; and
- Discussion of the implications and limits of the Supreme Court Court’s Bristol-Myers Squib decision re. personal jurisdiction in class actions.
Check back here for updates.